- Australia is the 3rd most popular international study destination in the world. Australia is currently home to just about1 million international students.There are 107,673 Indianstudents enrolled to study in 2018-19, which is a 39% growth over the previous year.
- Six of the world’s top 100 universities are in Australia. The University of Melbourne, Australian National University, University of Sydney, University of Queensland, University of New South Wales and Monash University were all ranked in the top 100 universities in the World University Rankings 2020.
- Majority of international students are satisfied when it comes to their living and study experience in Australia according to the 2018 Department of Education International Student Survey.
- Seven of Australia’s cities– Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and the Gold Coast are ranked highlyin the world’s top 100 student cities.
- The Australian Government has invested over AU $300 million in scholarships for international students. Australian gave over 3,000 scholarships to students from over 55 countries in 2019.
English Language Proficiency test requirements:
- PTE (Pearson’s Test of English): 60 points.
- IELTS : Bachelors: Overall 6 band.
Masters: Overall 6.5 band.
IELTS: 7 band
PTE: 79 points
Job opportunities for international students:
Australia is an excellent country to work as an international student. You may prefer to work while you are studying and this can be an option to earn extra pocket money and get a taste of the local culture.
- You can work up to 20 hours per week while studying, and unlimited hours during holiday breaks.
- You will getsimilar protection at work as an Australian citizen would get.
- You will get at least a minimum rate of pay per hourregardless what job you do.
- You will find support at every step of your journey as a student worker. Help is always available from government and private organisations and your university as well.
Post-study Work Permit:
To work in Australia after your studies, you can avail a work visa for 2-4 years depending on your location.
After completing a Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral degree, you could be eligible for the Post-Study Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.
In order to remain in Australia independently for an extended term, you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect.